Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wooly Week!


This past week we were planning on taking our wool to a place where it is processed. That includes washing, and carding wich is making it into roving, batting or a cloud. As we were weighing and getting everything ready to take, I started doing some calculations. With gas for a four hour trip, processing costs, and shipping it back to us it was going to be well over $200. Well I'm a pretty frugal person when it comes to something I can do myself. The other farmgals and I all agreed that the money would be better spent on things we want for the barn. So I have set myself a goal to get all the wool washed in the next two weeks.



This is one of the batches from our Border Leicester sheep, a.k.a. "The Curly Girls" all washed and laying out to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment