Saturday, March 20, 2010

Junk'n

Today the girls and I went on an adventure with our friend and her daughter. They picked us up this morning to go to the livestock auction. They were taking some of their birds for sale. I had never been to an auction. Well we planned on just dropping off the birds and going for lunch, because we were not planning on buying anything. My friend told us there was a junk auction going on outside, so of course Arie and I were intrigued. At first glance, it looked like a bunch of snow covered crappy clothes. As we stood there scanning all the rows of junk, I noticed at my feet was a box of what looked like vintage tablecloths. Well I started to rummage thru it and a lady told me there was more linens that hadn't sold and she would sell them to me as a cash sale. We found the other two boxes and I asked her if she would take $5 for them. She seemed to be happy to get that much. We loaded the boxes into the truck not really knowing what we had bought. After a fun lunch out with our girls we decided to hit up Goodwill. No luck in housewares, but I made my son very happy by finding a Miles Davis and 2 John Coltrane LPs. When we returned home Arie and I went through our boxes to see how we had done. Out of the three boxes we found quite a few keepers (tablecloths, curtains and napkins). I also found my lost pair of car keys, that have been missing for months, in an old coat pocket that almost went to Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment